Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What tyre should I get?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What tyre should I get? Fri, 14 October 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Had a bit of a look on the Pirelli website. Here are the differences between the different types of P Zeros.

Nero
"Replacement hard tuning" (whatever that means)
http://www.au.pirelli.com/en_AU/tyres/catalog/tyre _product.jhtml?selected=desc&catid=AU_UHP& productid=17131
Quote:

http://www.au.pirelli.com/MEDIA/TyreCatalog/8900008_PZERONERO_big.gif
Drivers' needs and expectations are becoming more sophisticated, especially at the top end of the car market. Increasingly, fast trackers, the primary target for Pirelli, require ultra-low profile tyres with larger diameter wheels as well as higher tyre load capacity.
In line with its reputation for adapting quickly to market demands, Pirelli has introduced the
P Zero Nero, a tyre predominantly for the "soft" and "hard" tuning aftermarket, that takes its place in the P Zero Collection.
P Zero Nero's slogan is "works harder, plays harder", derived from the tyre's two major characteristics:
Driving Force
The Extra Load capacity assists in maintaining the performance of both sports saloons with full equipment options and increasingly heavy and powerful tuned cars. New technology ensures a higher load carrying capacity without compromising driving comfort thanks to the adoption of a structure utilising new aramid fibre materials, thermally stable 0° nylon outer belts and more uniformly distributed stresses.
Driving Enjoyment
A comprehensive range maintaining many "pure" ZR sizes extends the limits of driving pleasure. No compromise in dry and wet handling and in powerful ABS braking with significantly reduced stopping distances. The exclusive styling and optimum safety features complete P Zero Nero's racing pedigree.

These features not only make the P Zero Nero the ideal choice for tyre/wheel conversions but add a new dimension to the car that reflects the drivers individuality.

Rosso
"Extreme performance with comfort"
http://www.au.pirelli.com/en_AU/tyres/catalog/tyre _product.jhtml?selected=desc&catid=AU_UHP& productid=17130
Quote:

http://www.au.pirelli.com/MEDIA/TyreCatalog/5600020_P_ZERO_ROSSO_DIREZIONALE_big_n.gif
The evolution in the sports car segment has led to sophisticated electronic vehicle safety and comfort management systems being fitted as standard. In harmony with this and increasingly stringent legislation limiting acoustic pollution, Pirelli has created the P-Zero Rosso: comfortable, quiet, ultra-high performance with no trade off.
The name derives from the now legendary "P-Zero", which became a milestone, marking a fundamental turning point in Pirelli ultra-high performance tire technology, and "Rosso", or red, which is synonymous with Italian motorsport.

Tread pattern
Asymmetric design with wide longitudinal channels. The tread pattern is divided laterally into three distinct elements, each designed to confer a particular aspect of performance. These elements range from robust outer shoulder blocks through a semi-slick central rib with curved transversal grooves, to a more open inner shoulder.

Corsa
Race rubber
http://www.au.pirelli.com/en_AU/tyres/catalog/tyre _product.jhtml?selected=desc&catid=AU_UHP& productid=17129
Quote:

http://www.au.pirelli.com/MEDIA/TyreCatalog/12000010_pzerocorsa_direzionale_big.gif
P Zero Corsa System has been developed for powered super sports cars producers and enthusiasts who take their car on the race track, whether for "track days" or "club racing", allowing them to maximise their cars performance. The features in tread pattern design, compound and structure, allows P Zero Corsa System to satisfy even the most demanding customers in terms of dry handling and braking without compromising on wet handling, noise performance and maximised contact patch with the road surface.

P Zero Corsa Direzionale is a semi-slick with a very stiff construction. P Zero Corsa Direzionale is a semi-slick with a very stiff construction. An innovative racing tread compound, ensures maximum grip while the use of ultra-light and flexible belts implies a very wide footprint area.

Original Equipment for the road version of Ferrari 360 Challenge and Porsche GT3, and targeted at the most prestigious car producers, P Zero Corsa System includes P Zero Corsa Direzionale on the front and P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico on the rear for outstanding aquaplaning resistance. Directional front tyres penetrate the water surface, clearing a path for the rears which complete water dispersal for increased driving safety.

Tread pattern
The directional design provides better wet handling characteristics, while the absence of continuous grooves eliminates the blocky structure of a conventional pattern.

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   What tyre should I get? NarkWed, 12 October 2005 12:10
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? dimmy77_03Wed, 12 October 2005 12:19
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? dravenWed, 12 October 2005 12:26
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? NarkWed, 12 October 2005 12:43
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? ae86driftSat, 15 October 2005 01:54
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? oldcorollasSat, 15 October 2005 04:57
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? dravenWed, 12 October 2005 12:57
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? NarkWed, 12 October 2005 13:06
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get?  NarkFri, 14 October 2005 23:57
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? NarkSat, 15 October 2005 00:45
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? silkishugeWed, 12 October 2005 13:12
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? NarkWed, 12 October 2005 13:22
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? silkishugeWed, 12 October 2005 13:34
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? hokeyFri, 14 October 2005 22:34
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? NarkFri, 14 October 2005 23:22
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? ae86driftSat, 15 October 2005 01:46
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? ae86driftSat, 15 October 2005 01:53
Read Message   Re: What tyre should I get? dravenSat, 15 October 2005 05:05