Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Do these wheels make my ass look big?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Fri, 11 November 2005 02:56 Go to previous message
Read the thread "why dont i lose traction"

Size aint everything. Fats will give you straight line grip on a dry super flat sticky drag strip.

Wider tYres are probably gonna give a bit better straight line take off traction on a dry road.

Once you introduce cornering (its usually unavoidable it seems Rolling Eyes) and rough / not dry surfaces its a whole different kettle of yabbies.

Its all about the coefficeint of friction with da ground. This is gonna be determined by a LOT of very co-dependant factors.

For example, area in contact with the ground, and downward force per unit area. As you can see these two factors are a trade off. If we put bigger tyres on, there is more area but less force per unit of area.

The hot tip is that the best answer doesnt necesarily lie up the big fat tyre end of the scale, but rather a balance of these two and about a hundred million other factors.

The main point of this post was to demonstrate that the word for the black rubbery things that go round our wheels does not have a fuckin "I" in it in our country. Please be warned or the next offender will have the national spelling & grammar police kickin your freakin door in!!!
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Do these wheels make my ass look big? oae-86Thu, 10 November 2005 13:49
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? c2888Thu, 10 November 2005 15:33
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? oae-86Thu, 10 November 2005 16:10
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? RoundyThu, 10 November 2005 21:12
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Bill SherwoodThu, 10 November 2005 22:26
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? rthyThu, 10 November 2005 23:55
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? TA-022Fri, 11 November 2005 00:52
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Purple_BeastyFri, 11 November 2005 00:47
Read Message   Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big?  mic*Fri, 11 November 2005 02:56
Previous Topic:BAD LAG on my 1G with a T04S.. What do I do?
Next Topic:4AGE CAM..Degree

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:11:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052928924560547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.