Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
icon8.gif  timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre??? Sun, 20 November 2005 13:06 Go to previous message
I just got my timing light and used it and I couldn't find the mark but then I noticed that the mark is at the opposite end of TDC 0 degree mark of crank pulley, which means the ignition timing is at the "bottom dead centre". Sounds weird then I thought it may be crank pulley mark isn't representing the TDC so I had a look at the cam pulley but they all the marks on the cam pulley lined up perfectly. Then I checked the dizzy, I pulled it out and follow the service manuel precedure that is the mark on the tip of the dizzy wheel aligned to the groove of the dizzy housing and put it back to the motor. So what do you guys think the problem is? I'll check the dizzy wiring tomorrow see if it can help. Also isn't the motor can't actually run of ignition timing really so close to bottom dead centre (too much retard)? Shocked

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2005 13:07]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre???  GwaijaitatSun, 20 November 2005 13:06
Read Message   Re: timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre??? wilbo666Sun, 20 November 2005 14:04
Read Message   Re: timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre??? oldcorollasSun, 20 November 2005 15:16
Read Message   Re: timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre??? xolentSun, 20 November 2005 15:26
Read Message   Re: timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre??? GwaijaitatSun, 20 November 2005 22:49
Read Message   Re: timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre??? GwaijaitatSun, 20 November 2005 23:06
Read Message   Re: timing problem, ignition timing at bottom dead centre??? oldcorollasMon, 21 November 2005 00:37
Previous Topic:tuning freedom piggy back ecu?
Next Topic:TVIS ON 4AGE

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 08:39:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0030999183654785 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.