Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo Mon, 12 December 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
With the MCV20R Camry (previous model) I know they have 2 fuel filters. One in the tank and one in the engine bay.

In the sedan the in-tank pump is not that hard. The seat base just pulls up, (give it a good yank at the front on either side) sit this on top of the car. Pull the carpet back, and pull the steel cover plate away, which will be stuck with black sticky stuff. Unclip the electric plug. Use a 14mm and 19mm pipe spanner to undo the fuel union (with a rag over it at first). Use a 8mm socket and ratchet to undo the bolts on the fuel tank. Lift the fuel pump assembly out onto a bench. Use a phillips screwdriver to undo the fuel filter and the little earth wire. Then put the new one on, being carefull to save the O ring in the old filter. Then do the reverse, but wash hands before fitting the seat. I usualy find about $1.20 when doing this so get a Coke from the machine at the same time. Some people say if you hit the Coke button lots of times you will get 2 cans, I always only get one.

With the wagon, the seats fold away and its a bit more tricky to get the carpet back so some bolts have to come out sometimes.

I have done a few new Camrys, MCV36R-DEPDKQ, and I think they are the same. With the new RAV4 you don't need tools to undo the fuel fitting. Its just a O ring and a clip, and the whole assembly comes out after unscrewing the big plastic nut thing with SST or multigrips, so some new cars will be more like that.

I have never heard of removing the tank to change the filter, you always get it from up top from the access hole under the carpet.

It is posiable that some new Camrys only have a in-tank and not a engine bay filter, but I think they still have both.

For this info I get $16.26/hr plus 4 weeks A/L. I will have to charge overtime rates to anyone who reads this, PM me for details. Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2005 07:48]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo GIN51ESun, 11 December 2005 04:37
Read Message   Re: Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo dingalingSun, 11 December 2005 11:06
Read Message   Re: Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo GIN51ESun, 11 December 2005 11:35
Read Message   Re: Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo TE72_TurboSun, 11 December 2005 11:25
Read Message   Re: Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo StretchMon, 12 December 2005 06:19
Read Message   Re: Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo  Jonny2TGMon, 12 December 2005 07:46
Read Message   Re: Toyota Camry V6 Sportivo GIN51EMon, 12 December 2005 10:24
Previous Topic:really quick one... RE GA70 slave cyclinder
Next Topic:1g-gte without turbos

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 19:27:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054550170898438 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.