Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon9.gif  Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed Mon, 12 December 2005 02:41 Go to previous message
Took the vehicle for it's final inspection this morning, and the inspector would not pass it off as I get alot of noise out of the aircleaner when the throttle is released (engine is 1JZ).

Now I have a atmo venting blow off valve fitted but it is a cheapo one and doesn't work to well, I have always been able to hear the boost noise out of the pod filter. The inspector said any sort of "air" nosie coming out of the pod filter or blow off valve is illegal, and advised me to build some sort of foam muffler around the filter to stop the noise.

Anyway I was thinking if I bought a proper re-circulating type blow-off valve I would still get the same problem of the noise coming out of the Pod wouldn't I? The only solution I see is perhaps fitting a stock soarer/supra airbox or building the muffler as he suggested, which sounded like a stupid solution to me. Any ideas? Or could this also just be a case of the inspector not knowing what he is on about?

Any 1JZ owners out there with pod filters who get the same noise?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed  SkipMon, 12 December 2005 02:41
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed lumpyMon, 12 December 2005 03:31
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed BigWormMon, 12 December 2005 04:11
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed lumpyMon, 12 December 2005 04:23
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed SkipMon, 12 December 2005 04:43
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed drift86levinMon, 12 December 2005 07:04
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed Chris DaveyMon, 12 December 2005 07:04
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed SkipMon, 12 December 2005 07:51
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed mrshinTue, 13 December 2005 03:08
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed digitalpho3nixTue, 13 December 2005 03:44
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed tourervTue, 13 December 2005 04:10
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed coFF33Tue, 13 December 2005 04:35
Read Message   Re: Excess Boost Noise out of Pod Filter - Vehicle Examination Failed SkipTue, 13 December 2005 04:42
Previous Topic:sc14 + GZE +ae86
Next Topic:Toyota V6 engines for conversions

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:16:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004601001739502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.